I also got a small glimpse of what my life is going to be like for the next 15 years. They had more useless, worthless junk that they were selling for 20 bucks a pop minimum. I think souvenirs are fun and if they had had a book or a doll or something that might actually be of interest past this week, I would have been happy to get it. But they had weird stuff like a noisemaker and a pennant. A pennant? Cripes. Fortunately Jack was content with his yemonade and pretzel (really just the salt on the pretzel) and I scored major points. So all in all it was a pretty good day.
Oh I almost forgot the best part - as I was standing in line to pick up tickets, I heard one of the daycare people say "Messiah! Messiah - come here!" I could not contain my laughter. How bold is it to name your kid Messiah? At no point is he/she ever going to live up to that name so you're basically just saying from the start that he/she is a huge disappointment. Cracked me up.
We haven't really hit a Sesame Street groove over here ... Eva is more into Yo Gabba Gabba (aka "Baby Crack") and has been encouraged in this obsession by her father's actually BRINGING MERCHANDISING into the house (you'd think he'd know better, considering he WORKS IN ADVERTISING). We now have a full set of the characters in plush form, as well as bath toys ... it's nuts, but she loves them to death. Pix of Daddy and Eva at a live Yo Gabba Gabba show yesterday to come soon!
ReplyDeleteMessiah? Even Mary just chose "Jesus"
ReplyDeleteCameron, the Messiah line cracks me up. I am rolling. And Buster is a hoot too....
ReplyDelete