Thursday, October 2, 2008

Jack's First (Professional) Haircut

Noticing that my son (with his Farrah Fawcett wings) was starting to look more and more like Kate Hudson's long-haired hippie kid, I decided that a real haircut was in order. Sure, I pulled out the cuticle scissors when I noticed at 15 months that he had naturally developed a rat-tail/mullet in the back, but for an all-over trim, I felt that he needed to see a professional. I have always been a firm believer that there are certain things you should always pay for - and an alteration to one's hair (whether by cut or color) is high on that list.

Sensing that this would not go smoothly (probably because he had only had a 45-minute nap), I invited Lulu to come with us, hoping that her presence would be such a treat he would be distracted from his tears. Let's just say I can't imagine how badly it would have gone had Lulu not been there.

5 minutes, one cup of lemonade, one handful of jelly beans, one balloon, and many tears later, Jack looked like a cute little boy again. And wouldn't you know it, he started to act like it too. After we left...

1 comment:

  1. Hey Cameron!!! LOVE your blog. Jack is about the cutest thing on this earth and I know you and Billy are so proud!!!! I am so glad I stumbled upon your blog (thank you Facebook)...I am going to add you to mine...if you do not mind!!! Chat with you soon!

    Natalie

    ReplyDelete