Monday, October 27, 2008

Funny moment of the day

Last night we returned from a great Halloween party hosted by Jack's friend Sabrina just in time to see the 4th quarter of the Giants-Steelers game. Jack was happily playing with his trucks and not paying any attention to me, or so I thought, until I heard him saying "Goddamn it Giants - just score!" over and over again in his happy little voice. At first I felt horrible but then I had the following two thoughts: (1) three months ago, I would have used words that were much much worse so I considered "goddamn it" to be a considerable improvement and (2) it's actually funny when little kids curse. Admit it - you think so too. Put another check in the bad parenting column.

I will add that the Giants did win. Which I attribute entirely to the exhortations from the Poynter household...

3 comments:

  1. Dave was watching American Gangster on our ginormous TV a few weeks ago, and three "Fucks" later in the dialogue on screen we hear a little voice going "Fuck! Fuck! Fuck!" on the other side of the room.

    I tried to get her to change it to "Shucks! Shucks! Shucks!" but she was not fooled. Dave luckily had the good sense to go "Frogs! Frogs! Frogs! Frogs go Ribbit!" and now everytime she starts to curse at us we go "Ribbit! Ribbit! Frogs! Frogs!"

    The jury is still out on how THAT works.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is hysterical. we've found that just ignoring it works pretty well. i mean every once in awhile i'm pretty sure i hear him say something inappropriate but he moves on. plus it really is funny.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, last night it was "sum bitch! sum bitch! sum bitch!"

    ReplyDelete