Monday, August 3, 2009

My little fishy

What have we been doing this summer? You're looking at it (at least you will in a minute)...

Playing with Sabrina


and Charlie


Jack took to the water like a fish, from the moment he got in the pool in Palm Beach when he was three months old. Last summer he was swimming by himself but we regressed a little over the winter months. Oddly enough, being pregnant and then having a newborn prevented me from taking him up to the indoor pool to practice...

This summer, after a small readjustment period, he (excuse the pun) dove right back in and hasn't gotten out since. He is a great little swimmer, especially considering he's only 2 . He can swim all by himself for several yards (see the first video below). Charlie swims like a 10 year old and I think that's partially what spurs Jack on. As Billy likes to say, he's the next Michael Phelps. Just shorter.


Yesterday, he went on his first solo mission off the diving board (video below). I feel certain that I was not jumping off a diving board by myself at age 2. Then again, I've always been more cautious than most.



Whether or not he wins an Olympic gold, he shares his parents' love for the water, and I can't ask for anything more than that.

No comments:

Post a Comment