Thursday, May 7, 2009

Pasta jewelry


Yesterday, Jack's school had a little Mother's Day celebration. I arrived just as Jack's class was coming down the hallway wearing pasta necklaces that they clearly had made for us. Although most of the kids just waved hi to their mothers, Jack broke ranks and ran over to me. He gave me a huge hug and said so proudly "Happy Mother's Day! I made this for you. And we have a surprise downstairs!" It sounded so much cuter than it reads.

We went downstairs where they sang a song and served us muffins and rice krispie treats that the kids had all made.

It was such a happy moment. My very first homemade gift. I know over the year there will be potholders and clay bowls and popsicle stick picture frames, but my pasta necklace will always be my favorite...

No comments:

Post a Comment