Wednesday, May 20, 2009

I want a piece of that....



This year, my birthday and mother's day landed on the same weekend, so we celebrated on the same day. The week before my birthday, my mother and Jack had the following exchange:

Lulu: Jack, do you know what Friday is?
Jack: What?
Lulu: Mommy's birthday!
Jack: I want a piece of that.

Note that upon utterance of the word "birthday" Jack's brain immediately made the leap to cake. Again, Jack exhibits signs that he is clearly my child.

And despite my dairy-free existence, my mother managed to make a birthday cake I could eat (Duncan Hines, FYI).

After helping me blow out the candles, Jack was not content with licking the icing off of the candles and instead stuck his fingers right in the cake. Again, my child.



And thanks to Jack's sugar high, I got the best present of all - a hug from both my boys.

No comments:

Post a Comment