Thursday, May 7, 2009

My weekend with the boys

In the midst of my Will-induced sleeplessness, Jack decided to stop taking naps and thus turned into the devil, Billy had a week of late nights at the office thus leaving me to deal with both boys at bedtime, and then he went to a wedding of two of his best friends from college. I was already irritated that I had to miss the wedding (see previous post re bottle issues) but I was teetering on the edge of insanity due to sleep deprivation and general feelings of ill will toward my children. I also spent the week helping set up for the art show and auction at Jack's preschool so I didn't have any time to do errands or clean. Take my word for it that my house looked like Kosovo circa 1993. To top everything off, I hit a car pulling into a parking space in front of school Friday morning. I called Billy in tears. He came home before heading to the airport just to give me a hug and he also sent me these gorgeous flowers.

And that just made me cry all over again.

Nonetheless, we survived a whole weekend without dad (with help from my parents and friends). We missed him terribly of course but we made it in one piece, with no trips to the hospital. I didn't kill either child and they didn't kill me. That, my friend, is success.

No comments:

Post a Comment