Last weekend we had Will christened. The whole day was wonderful. We were joined by Will's fantabulous godparents - Sara and Curtis, Kristen, and Chris -

as well as our families of course.

The first victory was that Will fit into the antique christening gown that Jack wore.

This was my main concern when setting a baptism date (yes, you read that correctly). Don't worry, the new minister at our church has the same concerns about our priorities as well. When I was meeting with him to discuss dates for the baptism, he mentioned that he looks forward to seeing more of us on Sunday mornings. I thought about telling him that if he would like to watch my children (after getting to know them at first so they don't freak out when I leave them with him), then I would be MORE than happy to go to church every Sunday. I could use the peace. Instead I just told him how difficult it is to do anything with two small children. After we took the kids for Easter and spent the entire time outside with them, I noticed a small notice in this Sunday's program noting that while children are wonderful, you should consider leaving them in the nursery. I presume I made my point.
Other successes of the day - the weather was beautiful, Will was perfectly behaved during the service and Jack didn't seem to mind sharing the spotlight with his younger brother. My parents were gracious enough to offer up their house for an after-party (my hasn't the connotation of that word changed?). At Jack's luncheon, we took the time to line up all the kids on the sofa and took their picture. This time around, we just snapped them in their car seats. Lazy parents.

After a nap, Will woke up jolly and refreshed. Clearly a little church did the boy some good...


No comments:
Post a Comment