Thursday, April 16, 2009

Easter

Like most momentous occasions in this house since Jack's arrival, Easter was a little bit of a disaster. We were running late before church so we had to hurry through the egg hunt and I couldn't get a good picture of Jack and Will in their matching monogrammed outfits.

And who were we to think that we should bring both kids to church? Billy spent the morning trying to get Will to fall sleep. Jack was unbelievably well behaved but let's face it - he's two. After 20 minutes, the sugar from the jelly beans had kicked in and he was ready to go. On my way to give Jack a break outside, we were spied by Jack's friend Charlie who loudly inquired where we were headed. Thus, Sara and Charlie joined us outside as well. Wish we'd had the camera then...

And yet, at the end of the day:

1. Jack loved his Easter basket. Yes I realize that those are his Christmas jammies. And no, I don't know why he insists on closing his eyes for pictures these days.

2. He had fun (at first) finding eggs in the backyard. He got miffed when Charlie tried to join in the action as well.


3. Once we got Will to fall asleep, we all had fun at brunch.



4. And while this isn't the perfect family Easter picture I wanted, we're all here. Happy and healthy and eating dessert. Not half bad..
.

No comments:

Post a Comment