Monday, December 22, 2008

Monday morning quarterback

I stand corrected. My Giants had a thrilling come-from-behind OT victory last night against the Panthers. I honestly care less about the home field advantage than the fact that they snapped their pathetic losing streak.



Did you know that something like 90% of sports fans believe that their presence or actions somehow influence the outcome of a game? I definitely fall into this category. I have been known to spend hours in specific spots on the floor, in different rooms or worn specific pieces of clothing if it affects how the team is playing. In fact, last night, I spent most of the 4th quarter and OT on the threshold of our bathroom craning my neck around to see the TV because we did so much better when I was there. Don't deny it - you've done something similar.

My other belief is that the Giants win when UVA loses. Since UVA hasn't played a game in almost a month, the Giants lost. Never fear - it's basketball season. In fact, we lost a squeaker to Auburn on Saturday. And with our team in last place in the ACC standings, I'm feeling really good about the Giants in the post-season...

No comments:

Post a Comment