Somehow believing I am looking for more things to do in my day, Billy informed me that we needed a family blog. And let's be fair, I think we all know that Billy will not be the one doing the updates. I assured him that no one really cared that much about our daily lives. Besides, with one toddler, another one on the way, a dog, a part time arrangement with my law firm, and a husband who works incredibly long hours, I am not begging for more assignments.
So why do I think he proposed this idea and why on earth did I agree? One reason is that we are not only lawyers, but also litigators, and thus never tire of hearing ourselves speak and think aloud. Like any good lawyers, we debated much too long over what to call this damn thing. With a wink to irony, we chose "To the Poynt."
Another, more reflective, reason is that although we managed to capture the milestones in a baby book, we were far too happy living in the moment of Jack's first 20 months to write down all of those little tiny things that make you smile. Now that he's talking a mile a minute, it's becoming harder to catalog them in my head and expect them to be retrievable in 5 years. Also, let's be fair, second children always get the shaft, so this might be the closest the Deuce comes to a baby book.
So, inspired by several fabulous friends who live much too far away but who manage to seem close by because of their blogs (particularly my fabulous college roommate who, alas, lives on the other side of the moon, er, country), here we are...
No comments:
Post a Comment