Tuesday, December 22, 2009
Cookie Monster
Every year around Christmas, I feel the need to bake and decorate perfect Christmas cookies. And I am far too OCD to let the kids help (although you wouldn't know it from looking at the results), so I typically find myself with my bags of colored icing, hunched over a tray full of cookies in my poorly lit kitchen at 1am, wondering what possessed me to think this was fun.
This year, I was so focused on what I was doing, I failed to notice that Will had wandered into the kitchen and found the small children's table where I had decorated the star cookies with sanding sugar. The colored sugar was all over the table and Will, not one to pass up an opportunity to eat, started stuffing it in his face, which, as you might imagine, is hard to do. I could not stop laughing. Or taking pictures. So thank you Will, for resurrecting the Christmas spirit and reminding me that Christmas cookies are made to be eaten, not photographed...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment