1. We had an awesome visit with my college roommate MK who was traveling from Boston back home to Texas to attend med school in the fall. Incredibly, she drove out of her way to come spend a couple of days with us. It was wonderful to get to know each other again as adults. We really have come a long way since 1086 Bingham...
2. Jack attended his first W&L event - a tailgate for a lacrosse game.



Oh, to be fair, Will was also in attendance, but he slept in the infant seat in the wayback of the car (with the tailgate open, people) the whole time. God bless him. Jack got his first major injuries of the season when he fell on the asphalt and skinned a knee and an elbow. He added the other knee a couple of days later in school. Poor kid clearly has my lack of coordination.
3. Jack says lots of funny things.
A couple of months ago, I was out doing errands with Lulu when Jack announced from the backseat that he wanted to "go out to yunch." My mother and I, not being one to turn down lunch invitations, happily agreed. Yunch with Yuyu is now our favorite treat.
We are clearly beating the concept of manners into him because he now says "no thank you" even when there is no pending question. For example, when Billy tickles or otherwise irritates Jack, Jack will look at him and say firmly "NO THANK YOU DADDY!" Also, we recently had this exchange:
Me: Jack, it's time to go to bed sweetie.
Jack: No thank you mommy.
Yesterday, I went in to Jack's room when he woke up from his nap. He was saying something about wanting his fire truck. Looking around and not finding any of his toy fire trucks in his room, I looked at him quizzically and told him I didn't see any fire trucks. He said he wanted the fire truck on the ground. I said "where?" to which he replied "ON THE GROUND I SAID." Sure enough, there was a tiny sticker, smaller than a fingernail, right there on the carpet. That kid is always right.
In the Jack's-been-spending-alot-of-time-with-my-mother department, he jumped out from behind a chair the other day, hand/finger point up and said "TA DA!" If you know Lulu, you know exactly where that comes from. It's so funny to see yourself or your parents in your children's expressions.
4. Will is continuing to grow like a weed. I have no idea how much he weighs now but the other day when Jack was sitting next to him on the couch I was pretty sure for a minute that Will was longer/taller. Otherwise, he is a really good baby and still sleeping like a champ. No complaints. He smiles a ton and he's very interactive these days. He also loves Jack. Jack continues to love him. Everyone loves each other. It's like a hippie commune around here.
5. Finally, we went to see the Thomas the Train show last week.

We didn't tell Jack about it until right before we left, for obvious reasons. When we told him, he looked at us like we were bonkers. I think he thought we were taking him to see a movie. We explained that we were seeing the "real" Thomas. Then he looked at us like we were loony tunes.
The boys loved the show - I have never seen them sit still without moving for that long. Ever. It was unreal.

At intermission, this is what happened:

The boys were running around in circles and then collapsing to the ground at the Ted, perhaps doing a more hyper version of ring around the rosey. It was hysterical and, more importantly, there was nothing we could do to stop it. Other people, were shooting us dirty looks, as if to convey that they disapproved of our parenting skills. Of course, their children were literally dripping with all the schlock they sell at these events for insane amounts of money and holding cotton candy and giant cokes. Not that there's anything wrong with those things but at least we weren't giving them dirty looks. I found the whole thing hysterical myself.
No comments:
Post a Comment